It is important to back your android device very often always. You will never know when your device literally crashes on the floor or any other circumstances. To avoid losing of your important data like pictures, videos, files, your chats on social media like Whatsapp etc. you need to regularly back up all your data. To ensure that all your data is backed up or on how to do it, here are few steps on how to do it.
Using Google to backup:-
The Google apps on your android device have the ability to back all your data. You can even buy extra storage online if you feel there is less space to hold your data. To know how to use your Google services, follow the instructions below.
- Go to Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Backup and reset
- Now select Backup my data and click on automatic restore.
- Select your personal Google account.
- Make sure you enable all the options listed so that every data is synced with your Google account.
- Now all your photos and videos will be backed to the Google photos and your files will be transferred to Google drive. All the apps will also be backed to your Google account including your contacts. They will all be synced.
Backing up to your computer:-
You can back all your data to your computer for easy access instead of backing up in your Google account online. This process is pretty much simple and you don’t have to wait the extra step of waiting for your files to be uploaded. Mac users will need to download and install the Android File Transfer app, though. Here’s how to backup your Android device to a computer:
- Connect your phone to your computer with the help of USB cable.
- Head down to My Computer and you will see your device storage on the screen.
- Now click on your phone’s storage.
- Drag the files from your device to a specific folder on your computer.
- All the files will be copied to your computer.
Backing up the photos and videos:-
Most of the space occupied on your device is due to your photos and videos. They occupy a lot of storage on your device. But the option of deleting those is also not acceptable to any of us. Google Photos has the option to upload unlimited photos and videos of your choice. If you have done the initial settings you do not have to worry. Here’s how to do it.
- Open the Google Photos app.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on Backup & sync.
- Enable the backing option.
- Tap on Upload size and choose your preference.
- You can also set it how you want it to be backed using your mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- All your photos will be backed automatically as soon as it appears on your gallery.
Backing your data is always a safe option as it helps in overcoming any unwanted situations. If you feel the necessity to Factory reset your phone, you can go ahead without worrying about losing your data. Not only your photos and videos, but also your music, presentations, documents, contacts, calendar, meetings etc. can be backed to your Google app. Respective apps like Google Music, Google Drive, etc. does this work for you. When you initially set your device, all you need to do is login using your personal Google account where all your data has been backed up before. Hope these instructions above you to back up all your data.